5.10 By way of Review; a Genesis Dictionary.
Note that as the first book in Scripture, this is also the start of the issues involved in the Rebellion against Yahweh the Creator. The context of some words is set here for all the following Scripture, therefore limiting the meaning or context of subsequent verses to issues raised in Genesis. So sometimes using the word by the wider full meaning of the language may lead to errors or unsupported understanding.
Therefore understanding Genesis is a basic first step.
- Time used for creation of the material Cosmos. Genesis 1 v 1.
- “7 days” for turning the waste into paradise. Genesis 1 v 2 to 2 v 3.
- Institution of “The World”. Genesis 2 v 4 to 4 v 1.
- Often assumed to mean things Genesis has not specified.
- A named and particular time space.
- Created good, dark un-create.
- Illumination, to be able to see.
- The sky of Stars -Space.
- The sky of Birds -Atmosphere.
- Place of God’s presence no access for Mankind.
- The “worldly/false god” heaven, Gen 3 v 5 to Rev 21 v 1&5.
- A work period.
- A single cycle; begin work period to beginning of next.
- A cycle of Earth light and dark.
- Just the sunlit portion of the above day.
- Time of clarity, a division.
- The Planet.
- Land above the Sea.
- Earth create, Sea un-create.
- World of rebel & fallen Mankind.
- Inbuilt power of reproduction of the kind.
- Fruit is good, according to purpose, ‘from that before’.
- Reproduction of rebel Angel and Mankind’s elements.
- Often son where Image is in context.
- After kind, a technology of Yahweh.
- A follower of.
- Helper, typically or originally the female Man, but not necessarily female or humankind.
- A likeness of the Creator, (and Angelic life).
- A superlative gift above just being a soul or living.
- Souls and living things not being in the ‘Image’ are subjected to those being in the ‘Image’.
- Therefore a Beast is something Man &/or Woman controls.
- Therefore S/son may indicate in the image of said one.
Night & Darkness,
- Before God’s creation of light.
- Dark portion of Day.
- Time of obscurity where God gives some light for guidance, [lesser luminary].
- What it is without God.
- Darkness/night un-create.
- A set of work periods
- A work to some achievement.
- Note number six is blessed before it acquires bad connotation.
- Rest period is good after accomplishment.
- The finish, completion, He who completes.
- A beast recorded as good with the other Creation.
- Subject to Mankind as other Creation.
- The angelic rebel made to be lower than Man.
• To be recognised by Yahweh as part of his Creation.
• To breathe air be active.
• To learn and do as God gives permission or directives.
• To be active in relation to something.
• Stop breathing and cease living organically.
• Live as a son/daughter of Adam. Gen 2 v 17 to Rev 20 v 5 & 12.
• To be inactive in relation to something.
- Powdered Earth made into Man.
- Symbol of dead men.
- The Serpent has food for as long as Mankind is dying, only.